Tuesday, May 29, 2012

We're back!

This is a long overdo post but life has been super busy with ratty woes and Gale issues so I haven't been able to announce that after a year and a half MUCH NEEDED break, we are back! I am working on remodling the barn so, at current, have just 6 fuzzies in addition to the pets. All Ear's Cubby (2 legs), tort sr buck out of GC Brian's Bryson X GC All Ear's Mercedes. GC All Ear's Pearl (4 legs), tort sr doe out of GC PFF's Nick X All Ear's Porsche. GC All Ear's Simple Man (5 legs), broken tort sr buck out of All Ear's Snickers X All Ear's Jackie O. All Ear's Priscilla (1 leg), broken black sr doe out of AlL Ear's Cubby X GC Roehe's Kaylee. All Ear's Plum, broken tort sr doe out of GC Brian's Bryson X All Ear's Cherish. And last but not least a little fuzzy Holland named JASH's Gamble, whom has very promising type and coat! Jordin does not include pedigrees on her fuzzy Hollands, but I know he is a relative of GC BBB's Sebastian, whom was my Holland herdsire when I did Hollands many moons ago! In addition to the 6 fuzzies, I have my pets still. Trini (8 1/2) and Noah (8) are still hanging in there - Trini is doing much better then old man Noah. Hannah turns 5 next month and is as sweet and cuddly as ever. Arista turned 3 this month, she's still a pistol. Melissa is about 2 1/2 and still a big baby. Andrew will also be 3 next month, he's a pudgy, fiesty little guy. And Jewel, of course, from my last Holland litter. Jewel turns 4 the end of this year and can still hold her own on the table. (*Note* all Noah, Trini, Hannah, Melissa, Arista, and the fosters are all spayed/neutered). We also have Bunny and Clyde, a foster pair I took in for a freinds rescue (adoption is available thru her). Bunny is about 5, a lionhead mix and the sweetest thing in the world. Clyde is about 2, an oversized mini rex and a total turd but easy to love. The dogs are all doing well. Daisy gave us a scare but has perked back up. She's about 17 1/4. Max (12), Nikki (7), Lulu (5), and Molly (4 in August!) are all fantastic :) The kitties are well, Rupert turns 8 pretty soon, Mia is probably closer to 9, Milo is 5 and Bombay is about 4. Penny the horse is awesome, though I have to cut off most treats for a while. She's getting too pudgy. Sam (BFA) is Sam - still my dorky bird that cusses me out when I've upset him. Ratties - sigh. The ratties have had many health issues. We have 13 - most are over 2. April is my oldest, she turns 26 months in a week or so. She's in the best health of those over 2 and may possibly outlive my old crew (and maybe 1 of the young ones). Puck has a huge inoperable tumor and is being maintained until it's time to put him to sleep. He's also 25 months. Jack is doing fairly good, though he started to get that "old rat" look this month. His sister Jill has 2 very small raisen sized tumors. She's a tiny little thing and we decided not to remove them. They both turned 2 this month. The vet is concerned Jill won't make it through surgery. Petunia is 2 1/2 and is sporting her second tumor. We have also chosen not to operate on her. Poppy (also 2 1/2) is doing well, very "young" for her age. Bear (exact age unknown, approx 2 years old) also has that "old" rat look, but is doing ok I guess. He should be due for a tooth trimming but after a year and a half of getting his teeth trimmed every 2 months they are fine. I made the mistake of telling the vet in front of him he would be pts next time due to age, aggression, and how hard the proceedue is. Guess that fixed things. The 4 siblings - Havarti, Brie, Colby, and Fontina, are about 1 1/2. Havarti is the only one with issues, she has had 2 mammary tumor removals and currently has a new tumor under her neck (looks like a thyroid goiter). I'm not sure what to do with her, every time we "fix" something something else goes wrong. Maybe 3rd time will be a charm. Knock on wood, the other 3 are perfect, as are the "babies", my 1 year old's, Stratus and Syrma. Meaner then spit and super bitey but absolutely fine :) We do plan on expanding the rabbit barn to hold 20 holes in addition to my pet holes (Jewel and Andrew will hopefully be bonded once he is neutered, Bunny and Clyde share a hole, Trini and Noah are together... had to seperate my trio of Arista, Hannah, and Melissa as they couldn't get along. As for the ratties, once they have all crossed the brige I will not keep more then a quartette (more likely a trio). I also have plans of getting a few hens (again) but not anytime soon. I put my dreams of adding a second horse away for now, we are looking at a goat friend for Penny but no rush. I do have plans on adding a 4 legged child to the family in the next couple months, but am not posting anything about it until it happens. Don't want to jinx it or anything :)

No comments: